Friday, January 22, 2010

Sad for Haiti

Just been watching the telethon on Haiti. Seems so sad, all those kids, orphaned. Makes me want to help, real bad. I would love to adopt and help those that are so sad and hurting. You watch the television and wonder why hasn't a better system developed. Aren't we used to these natural disasters enough to help faster and more efficiently? So, many dying and gone, no sanitary conditions. I am a person that really is passionate about things like this, I want to help badly. I should have been in the peace corps. I have a couple of friends that did that. They are better for it. Joe and I talked of adopting years ago. Wouldn't this be the time to help? So, sad. And then we think of all the things we all have and how un-needed most of it is. So much extra. We are all so lucky. We don't have too much, but way more than we need. I just want my sons to grow up knowing how fortunate they are for what we have and how it can be gone so quickly. Just makes you want to love and squeeze your kids more! I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment